Thursday, May 10, 2012

Shootin' Bugs

Had some fun shooting some bugs today.  We've had this swallowtail chrysalis in a jar on the windowsill for months.  Today, the butterfly decided to emerge.

When the butterflies first come out, they don't fly, so it's easy to get good pictures of them.


The photo above was taken on "Auto."  The photo below was not.  I hope this convinces you to stop using the auto feature on your camera.  :)  When I tweaked the settings myself, I was able to get better detail of the butterfly's coloring.

Close-up of the beautiful wing.

Close-up his head--look at those eyes!



This one below is a fun setting on my camera that isolates just one color.  I just isolated the orange.



Later this evening, I was able to get some great pictures of a ladybug and dragonfly.  Ladybugs usually will not hold still, but this one did.  And this dragonfly was very cooperative, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment