Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mr. Noisy


For the last day, I thought there was a mouse chewing through a wall in my house.  I've heard the sound before--while lying in bed!  The next morning I found a hole in a corner of my bedroom.  This sounded the same, so I waited.  I figured I had to wait until the mouse chewed through and then I would position some poison for the little rascal.

Lydia said to shoot a hole in the wall.  She was joking.  She sat and listened to the "mouse" and kept making noises like cats and red-tailed hawks, to scare it away.

Earlier this evening, I noticed this big bug in between my window and screen--in the same vicinity of the noise.  I then thought the bug was chewing through my house--ugh!!!  It really sounded like an army of bugs!  But I was still convinced the bug was coincidental, and the noisemaker was a mouse.

Finally, I had a theory.  Let's catch the bug and toss him outside and then see if the noise ceases.  Bingo!  You can see in the above video that he makes a definite scratchy noise.  He had been clawing at the metal window frame.  It was really loud.

I'm glad it was not a mouse.  No damage done.  Enjoy some up-close pictures of our Mr. Noisy bug.




2 comments:

  1. You took these pictures with your camera?! My mom would like to know about your camera...she is thinking of getting a new one. Glad you got rid of the sound at that it was just the bug. I think that is a type of June bug/beetle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he was much easier and less messy than a mouse. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete