Sunday, April 15, 2012

Conversation


The following is an email exchange I had with my son.  He was watching a movie.  I was packing our suitcase for vacation.




Ty to Me
How are you doing?




Me - 
I'm doing great!  Are you enjoying HP-POA? [Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban]




Ty - 
Yup, why are you not watching it?


Me -  
Because I'm packing your undies!  [Literally packing for vacation, but I was making a reference to How To Train Your Dragon.]
:)




Ty - 
Hardy, hardy, har!


Me -
I laughed out loud, I'm sure you heard me, but I refuse to type el oh el (see I didn't even type it just then!).



Ty - 
Why don't you want to type "LOL"?



Me -
You know how I feel about that.


Ty - 
 No, I don't really know how you feel. How do you feel about it?




Me - 
You know dad and I think it's silly how people use "text" language, all the acronyms for things.  Does it really save you that much time in your day, to conserve a few precious letters in the verbiage of your electronic correspondence?  Notice that I chose to use the full words for this electronic mail.




Ty - 
Yes it does.


P. S.






























LOL


Me - 
I'm going on strike against abbreviations!
:)


Post Script:  But I will continue to use a select few emoticons.

Ty - 
LOL ROTFL

3 comments: