Sunday, April 15, 2012

Afghan

I haven't been able to find bedding I liked to match Lydia's new paint colors, so I decided to make some instead.









To those that are interested, I used a square pattern from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks.  I made 60 of them.  Then I joined four blocks with a sc stitch (in green to contrast with the lavender), as you can see in the photo above.  This resulted in 15  2-by-2 blocks.  I sewed a dc border (again in green) around each of the 15 blocks.  Then joined those together, laid out 3 across, and 5 down.  Once they were joined, I did another dc border around the complete piece, in the green.  Then did 7 rounds of dc (in lavender) around the complete piece, and finally finished with a border (in green) from Edie Eckman's Around the Corner: Crochet Borders.  Any questions, just let me know.

3 comments: