Saturday, September 5, 2009

Road Trip

The kids and I took a trip to Oklahoma City last month. We were headed to the Science Museum and the brand new Lego Store.
Well, we took a wrong turn, once in the city, and got a little lost. I exited the highway and got back on a few times, then decided I better pull in to the Bass Pro Shop and ask for directions. We were further off coarse than I thought. The helpful man at the Bass Pro Shop gave us instructions to take the scenic route to the mall, but at least we got to go past the Capitol Building. I hadn't ever seen it before. Here is my picture, while trying to drive, it's tiny, I know.
Here's a better one.
An hour after we had planned to, we finally arrived at the mall to visit the brand new Lego Store. Ty brought his money, ready to spend. You see here he is thrilled...he wanted to make sure I got his purchase in the picture (see the yellow bag).
Next, on to the museum. The kids got to ride Segways...
Check out cool weather stuff...here they are in a wind capsule (I think the wind was up to 70 MPH here when they had enough.)
Getting to try out a blue screen, like a weather man...
On the back of a train...
And some cool planes...
Kid's area. Build a car out of Legos and race against other Lego cars, see which design goes fastest.
All in all, despite getting lost, we had a great time. There was so much to see at the museum, we didn't get to see it all in one day.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the Omniplex great? I really miss it for field trips to take my students on! The Children's Museum in Houston just isn't as good...maybe it is just what I'm used to!

    Your Cousin Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a cool museum. This was our first time there. The kids just loved it!

    ReplyDelete