Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Lessons Learned

Ty learned this year about Christmas budgets.  When he filled his Christmas list with multiple Lego sets that ranged from $200 to $500 each, we had to set him straight.  It was a shock to his system.  It was one of those moments when you see that your child has grown up a bit--they are getting a taste of the real world.  After he recovered from the shock, he re-thought what he wanted.  He was happy with what he got and thankful (which is good).  Hopefully he's learning the value of money.  :)


Lydia learned how to keep Christmas secrets.  She SO badly wants to tell everyone.  She keeps telling herself that she doesn't want to spoil the surprise, even though she let a few things slip.  One night early in the month, she and Ty and Shane went back to the bedroom to wrap one of my presents.  Shane told her NOT to tell me what it was.  They came out and placed the gift under the tree, she came over to me about ready to burst.  She told me she had a secret to tell me.  I told her NOT to tell me what the gift was.  She said it was a different secret--she whispered in my ear, "you have a ring on", with a big smile.  She obviously couldn't bear NOT to tell me something, so she thought of something trivial.  :)  It was funny.  Hopefully, by next Christmas she will have learned more about keeping secrets and how to keep cool, OR perhaps, next year we just won't let her in on any secrets!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment