Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Poetry Sharing

We like to get together with friends and share poetry.  We shared classics today like Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll; Wynken, Blynken, and Nod by Eugene Field; a couple of selections from The Lord of the Rings; Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater from the classic Mother Goose, a couple of originals, and more.  Fun times!  Scroll to the bottom to read three originals by Lydia.
















Me and My Sister
When I was young and stupid,
All I said was, "Boopid."
When my sister went berserk,
All she said was, "Urk."


The Otter
Once I went out to water,
And I met a little otter.
He said he was fine,
But he had been drinking wine.
Oh, that terrible, terrible otter.


I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun (based on a character created by Shel Silverstein)
I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun.
All I have is so much fun.
I smoke a knight,
Till he's out of sight.
I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun.

No comments:

Post a Comment