Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Lydia!

Lydia turned four last month. After the traditional Chick-Fil-A dinner, we came home for cake.

I made the mistake of asking Lydia (about 6 weeks prior) what kind of cake she wanted. This was a mistake because I really had something in mind to make. It's fun for me to make cute girl cakes (Ty has always requested a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, not much there for me to be creative with).

Well, Lydia has things in mind, too. She requested a cinnamon roll cake. I have no idea what a cinnamon roll cake is, but I had a feeling if I didn't get it right, she wouldn't be happy. I tried to deter her with pictures of cute cakes online, but she said she could have those cakes on other birthdays. This year she wanted a cinnamon roll cake.

So I made a cinnamon coffee cake (in a round pan to be reminiscent of a cinnamon roll), drizzled it with white icing and voila!--a cinnamon roll cake. She was happy and it was delicious.
Unwrapping her present...A fish...
She has named him Fishy and she loves to feed him every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment